From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-22 20:54:38

David Abrahams wrote:
> Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> I honestly don't know. I think it's quite possible that we never
> distinguished the use of policies in the old design from the problems
> caused by not using CRTP.

I had a look at my archived emails. Unfortunately they represent only a
small part of the discussion.

IIRC that my initial design proposal was indeed policy based and we
decided that it added complexity for very little benefit.

One problem being constructor signatures. In order to shield the user
from dealing with policies directly an iterator author had to provide a
policy and a class derived from the policy wrapper
(iterator_adaptor/iterator_facade).

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt