From: Arkadiy Vertleyb (vertleyb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-23 15:21:22

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote

> "Arkadiy Vertleyb" <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> writes:
> > I am having a huge compile performance problem trying to use mpl::begin
for
> > an mpl::vector of a large size -- the complexity seems to be far from
> > constant (or even linear) time. The following example demonstrates it
(I am
> > using GCC 3.3.3 or 3.4.2)
>
> Are you sure you're not seeing preprocessor slowness?

Almost :-)

It takes almost nothing to generate 200 vector definitions. And then it
takes about 10 seconds to do the begin (including preprocessor code that
again generates 200 repetitions)

But I can only verify it with the pre-processed code in a few hours...

Regards,
Arkadiy