From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-24 04:39:19

Hi Stefan,

> I don't know if this has been answered yet, but is there any concept of
> optional/required options in the program option library?

No; the "required options" functionality was requested, though.

> Currently, only "allowed options" can be defined, no?
>
> I would be great if you could define different sets of required option
> groups (because it's possible that a+b _or_ a+c are required) and
> provide some validatation for that. Otherwise, you have to do that by
> hand again and again.

Can you give the specific use cases. I think that fully generic solution can
be overly complex, and we can get away with some helper functions. Say,
'mutially_excluse_options' can check than only one option of a group is
specified.

- Volodya