From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-25 18:08:15

On Feb 25, 2005, at 5:29 PM, Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:
> I've just read the paper "High Performance Dynamic Lock-Free Hash
> Tables and List-Based Sets" by Maged M. Michael at
> http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~shanir/reading%20group/p73-michael.pdf and
> wonder if the subject has become feasible. The paper basically states
> that the algorithms can be implemented on most current processor
> architectures using CAS or LL/CS instructions, rather than rare
> DCAS/CAS2 instructions.
>
> Is that true?

I have read this particular paper, but yes, it can be done.

> Is there something going on in boost with regards to the subject?

We (the Open Systems Lab at Indiana University) are starting to look
into lock-free data structures for the Parallel BGL. We have not gotten
far, yet, but we hope that in the next few months we'll put lock-free
data structures (we're mostly interested in queues and property maps
for now) to good use.

        Doug