From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-27 04:01:14

Hi all,

I'm using the autoconfiguration framework under NetBSD 2.99.14 to
generate an user.hpp file. The libs/config/test/boost_no_cwchar.ipp
test passes successfully, so Boost ends up thinking that wcs* functions
work. In fact, they do, but in C (defined in wchar.h).

The problem is that those functions (I'm referring to wcscmp and wcslen,
but maybe there are some others) are not (yet) defined in the std::
namespace. (The wchar stuff is being worked on at the moment, AFAICT;
at least, it's very recent.)

So, what happens? As the BOOST_NO_CWCHAR constant is not defined, the
build will try to use cwchar functions. And it will fail at multiple
places. The "problem" is that the code is using std::wcscmp and
std::wcslen because it thinks it can.

I don't know which is the correct fix. Just temporally, I've changed
the test to use the functions in the std:: namespace rather than the
other ones, so that I get a failure and cwchar is disabled. But this
seems suboptimal (basically because the functions do exist).

Any comments on how this should be handled?

Thanks,

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/