From: Loïc Joly (loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-27 13:04:04

Hello everybody,

I'm discovering boost::multi_index, and something strikes me: I've been
dreaming of something like boost::multi_index key extractors (and
especially member) for most of my std::set or std::sort uses.

I therefore think that this part of boost::multi_index does not belong
in this library, but is more general purpose, and deserves a library of
its own, along with a way to get a suitable less predicate from the
result of those. All the arguments that make such a framework usefull
for boost::multi_index can equally be applied to STL containers and
algorithms.

I wonder if such a proposal has already been made (maybe it even already
exists, boost has so many parts that I may be unaware of this), and in
the positive case what were the arguments in favor or in opposition of it.

Best regards,

--
Loïc