From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-28 17:15:08

David Abrahams wrote:
> Tobias Schwinger <tschwinger_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>- use at_c for every element
>
> Not at all; just use iterators dereference and increment them.
> boost/python/detail/caller.hpp uses this pattern.

Well, that's nicer in case 'at' has non-constant complexity. Still, I
find this "surprisingly brutal".

Can you give me a vague idea of this technique's performance
(seconds/functions), if recognizable at all ?

> This is going to be a job for the PP library, no matter what you do.

Oh! Use it already. My concern was about the preprocessed code (becomes
huge, causes numerous template instantiations when used and in some way
obscures the preprocessed headers).

However, if it works for Boost.Python I'll call it "common practice" and
just use it ;-).

Thanks,

Tobias