From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-01 14:00:04

David Abrahams wrote:
> Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>It means that Martin is the only tester that is also posting the results
>>to the boost.org/regression-results location. Everyone else is posting
>>the only to the metacomm aggregator. Although when I'm actively running
>>tests, near release time, I also post them to both places :-)
>
> Okay, we have to fix that. This is just confusing.
>
> I really thought we had already decided that there was no reason to
> post two different result formats. Is there any reason to keep the
> non-metacomm format up there?

We did agree to only have the metacomm results. But I'm not sure all of
us feel that the metacomm results are giving accurate and responsive
results. For one the processing delays seem rather long.

I'm planning on working on the Boost buildbot next week, after a bit
more work on getting my server ready. Hopefully the direct feedback that
buildbot gives can help us streamline testing.

One thing we could do immediately is to not use the regression-logs
location as the testing link. And instead point directly to the metacomm
location. So for those who still care about the old style results they
can remember to go to the regression-logs location. (Or anything else
equivalent to deprecating the regression-logs location)

--grafik