From: Iain Hanson (Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 11:24:27

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 19:27 +0000, Jarl Lindrud wrote:
> Iain Hanson <Iain.Hanson <at> videonetworks.com> writes:

[snip]

> You're absolutely right that it's in no way a replacement for CORBA, but then
> its not meant to be either. I wrote it for those situations where you want
> something simple and easy to use (there are many such situations, no?), where
> using CORBA feels like swinging a sledgehammer at a walnut.

No. CORBA is very like C++ you pay for what you use. Simple rpc schemes
are a misnomer and dangerous because they don't scale and users end up
re-inventing the wheel such as naming service, security etc etc.

Just because you can do something does not mean you should. I would
classify SOAP and your RPC lib in the clever idea but you should not do
it category.

/ikh