From: Boris (boris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-02 18:13:58

There hasn't been much talk about a socket library recently. The Wiki stuff
about sockets is quite old so I don't know if Hugo is still working on it?
It's some time ago I added some proposals for a multiplexing library to the
Wiki. So I went through most of the Wiki pages of Boost.Socket and
Multiplexing and tried to gather and sort the ideas a bit. As I don't want
to go even more into details by adding more C++ code I tried a
top-down-approach using UML diagrams. Without sorting the ideas and getting
a big picture we are stuck in the details and don't proceed. The network API
isn't small, there are many different goals to reach and the network library
might overlap with other libraries - quite a lot to do. :-)

So here is the next small step:
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostNet

As usual any comments are appreciated,
Boris