From: Bronek Kozicki (b.kozicki_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-03 12:01:33

> And I've got SP1 of the .NET 2003 compiler, which is actually a significant
> change despite the minor version number - technically that'd be VC7.1, and
> it shows up as "Version 7.1.3088" in the "About" box of Visual Studio.

Build 7.1.3088 of Visual Studio .NET 2003 is RTM ("gold", ie. no
service packs). Actually I first time hear about Service Pack 1 for
.NET 2003 compiler; maybe you confused it with SP1 for .NET framework
1.1 (which has nothing to do with C++ compiler)? What's the output of
cl.exe when called without any arguments? I was only able to find
Service Pack 1 for Visual .NET 2002 (ie. Visual C++ 7.0), it's been
just published at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C41D8159-B42F-4D06-A797-E510494976EE
 . BTW: somewhere in the middle of March I'm going to run regression
tests against this build of MSVC7.0

> PS. I took a look at my environment variables, and UNICODE isn't defined.

I think that John meant preprocesor symbol _UNICODE used by MSVC, not
environment variable

Regards

B.

--