From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-04 14:21:37

"Johan Nilsson" wrote:

>> H. S. Lahman list available options and argues that passing
>> anything else than values is dangerous and causes high coupling:
>> http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=3B86C364.AB1A6066%40worldnet.att.net
>> (the paragraphs starting with "pure message").
>>

> If you use well-defined interfaces I can't see how that would cause any
> higher coupling than during normal circumstances (remoting aside). A
> pretty common usage would be implementing the Observer pattern
> cross-process.

What I mean is:

I am interface A and I call interface B. I pass interface C and
B will call C.

Now B needs to handle all possible C exceptions.

Some exceptions may be passed back to A (depending
on implementation). Now also A needs to know about C
and how to deal with its problems.

If there are only asynchronously passed values one needs
to guard timeouts and watch internal state machine of A correct.
Added complexity in B, C, ... doesn't spill (much) into A.

/Pavel