From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-05 18:42:00

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>>> I can't think of anything better right now, but to me "proposed"
>>> suggests that the libray is in the review queue.
>>
>> I don't know why. "Proposed" might mean it's just a glimmer in
>> someone's eye.
>
> "At the moment it's just a notion, but with a bit of backing I think
> I could turn it into concept, and then an idea."

Not everyone knows all the key lines from Annie Hall by heart ;-)

> Here are some other suggestions:
>
> - contemplated ("the contemplated database library")
> - suggested ("the suggested process control library")
> - planned ("the planned sockets library")
> - proposed ("the proposed typeof library")
> - prophesied ("the prophesied big int library")
> - fantasized ("the fantasized GUI library")
>
> Let me say that I did not intend to dillute the Boost name; in fact,
> I thought I was being extraordinarily careful.

I understand; to have put all those disclaimers in the docs and code,
you must have been extraordinarily careful. And I didn't mean to pick
on you. There have been _many_ other examples. It was just time to
say something about it.

I'm pretty happy with the idea of leaving out the word "Boost" until a
library is accepted, FWIW, if we can agree to it.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting