From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 10:02:10

> "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> >> How do I decode a .rar file?
> >
> > www.rarlab.com
>
> What is your rationale for using an archive format that is not in
> common use, and for which there is no free decoder?

No rationale. This is the archiver I am using for last ... I do know .. how
many years. It's default on all my NT boxes. BTW I believe it *is* in common
use.
I should've use zip though, sorry.

> .zip, .tar.gz,
> and .tar.bz2 aren't good enough for you?

I like rar way better from both compression (couldn't say about bz2, but
then it require 2 step archiving) and convinience standpoints. And I an used
to it.

> Yes, I realize that I can download and install a trial decoder, but it
> seems slightly perverse that I should have to do that just so I can
> analyze your patch.

If I not mistaking you could use it without limitations. In worse case it
will give you notice.

> Dave Abrahams

Gennadiy.