From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 11:18:09

Pavel Chikulaev wrote:
> This text not as silly as my "Herb Sutter's operator = can be
> optimized", so please read it.
>
> I'm currently working on library "Lazy" which eases creation
> of classes which needs lazy evalution and n-arity operators to
> improve speed.
>
> The library's sample usage placed below.
> Please let me know what do you think about it. I'll appreciate
> any feedback on my library.
>
> Library description:
> Library eases creation of classes which needs lazy evalution
> and n-arity operators.
>
> Library features are:
> * n-arity operators support;
> * operator aliasing, such as a + -b will be computed as a - b;
> * custom operators;
> * no unnecessary temporaries during evalution and assigning.

I'd like a library which simplifies the implementation of expression templates.
However, I'd like it to be more general than you have outlined. For instance I
might not want a + -b to be computed as a - b, but I'd like to have this as an
option, and not just for this particular sequence of operations. Also, I don't
think it needs to be so heavily macro-based.

Jonathan