From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-07 11:31:03

David Abrahams wrote:

> One disadvantage of posting a preliminary tally is that it encourages
> people to try to influence public opinion. I just typed and erased
> something that hints at my preferences about three times. Make that
> four. Better press send now before I do something unethical.

I was afraid about this happening. I hinted on progressively
posting the results in my preliminary heads-up message to the
boost moderators list and no-one objected, so I thought I'd give
transparency more weight. Perhaps I'm wrong. If you guys think
that a continuous tally is not a good idea, I'm all ears.
In fact, obviously, it will make my life easier to just do one
tally.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman