From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 00:30:21

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
> Joel de Guzman wrote:
>

>>I think the real issue here is discussion about preferences. Such
>>discussions, might potentially have some influence on how people
>>will vote. But we already agreed, from the start, that such
>>discussions are ok. I personally do not see anything wrong with
>>that.
>

> So who's going to break the ice?

Ok, WRT the progressive tally, while I do not agree with Christopher
Diggins and Gennadiy's reasons, I decided to stop it. My reasons are
simply that 1) people are not enthusiastic about it and 2) not doing
it will lessen my work, in fact. I was under the impression
that people will be appreciative of the additional effort. Clearly,
I was wrong. After meditating on it, it's not worth the trouble.

WRT discussion about preferences, I assert that there's totally
nothing wrong with it. I think posting the tally progressively
will initiate constructive discussion. But surely, there are
less controversial ways to stimulate discussion. So, I welcome
anyone who wish to discuss anything (subjective or objective)
relating to the logos. This is the boost way. Will such discussions
have an effect on the outcome? Sure, but I don't see anything wrong
with that. I think that's healthy.

Now, for those who wish to change their minds, you can resend your
votes. I also don't see anything wrong with that. I'll make sure
each person gets only his latest vote into the final tally. And,
in light of recent events, and in the hope that we'll have more
discussions following this, I shall extend the schedule to March
22, one week after the original March 15 deadline for accepting
votes.

I believe what we are doing now is very important. Let's do
this right. Jonathan, I believe you have something to say?
You are welcome to start the discussion.

Finally, I still welcome anyone who wish to do an independent
tally. C'mon guys, this won't take too much of your time.
If you plan on contributing something back to boost, this
is an easy chance!

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman