From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 11:00:42

Stefan Slapeta wrote:
> Martin Wille wrote:

[...]

>> Several testers have raised issues and plead for better communication
>> several (probably many) times. Most of the time, we seem to get
>> ignored, unfortunately. I don't want to accuse anyone of voluntarily
>> neglecting our concerns. However, I think we apparently suffer from a
>> "testing is not too well understood" problem at several levels.
>>

> Maybe it's the fact that I don't run incremental tests and therefore
> don't encounter as much problems with the tests as you, but I've never
> got the impression of being neglected by Aleksey and his team except for
> 'usual' newsgroup delays.

I wasn't specifically talking about Aleksey or Misha here. E.g. I've
several times asked to split certain tests into smaller parts and got
ignored. I've also reported bugs in libraries and got ignored.
I'm aware of the fact that Aleksey and Misha also have duties in their
jobs and that they can't work for Boost 24/7. In fact, I found them very
responsive when they had enough time.

Regards,