From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-08 14:16:36

On Mar 8, 2005, at 4:52 PM, Martin Wille wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>> Martin Wille writes:
>>> - the testing procedure is complex
>> Internally, yes. The main complexity and _the_ source of fragility
>> lies in "bjam results to XML" stage of processing. I'd say it's one of
>> the top 10 issues by solving which we can substantially simplify
>> everybody's life.
>
> I agree. This processing step has to deal with the build system (which
> in complex itself) and with different compiler output. Other
> complexity probably stems from having to collect and to display test
> results that reflect different cvs checkout times.

To improve the reproducibility of results and make testing more
predictable, we might want to have the regression scripts always check
out using a given date/time tag, e.g., 12:00am EST each night. That
way, all of the tests for the day will be on the same codfe. If it
helps fix other problems with regression testing, great!

        Doug