From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-09 17:47:04

Reid Sweatman wrote:

>> Although the logo of the Infiniti company is completely
>> abstract, it`s
>> incredible: http://people.inf.elte.hu/cad/etc/boost/infiniti.png
>

> Spot on. I'd further add that most of the best commercial logos are
> pretty simple--not all, but it's a lot harder to make a complex one
> appealing.

When I talked about logos being "complex," I didn't mean they should have lots
of moving parts. Perhaps I should have said "subtle."

> ... I'm surprised no one used recursion as a means of
> indicating "boostness."

See #89.

> Incidentally, I'm also surprised no one has tried to define a
> coherent color scheme, especially given that there *are* graphic
> designers present.

There are only a few designs whose color schemes I would describe as
"incoherent".

> a couple of the entries even try to do much with color, and I can't
> find any consistency in the usage

Some color schemes may be unapealing, but I'm not sure which ones are actually
inconsistent.

> Reid

Jonathan