From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 11:01:20

Daniel James wrote:
> Would it be worth writing a typeof based version of FOREACH for gcc? It
> would probably work better on the older versions.

Probably not. Much of the trouble is from the rvalue detection stuff,
and my understanding of GCC's typeof is that it strips top level
references. Besides, BOOST_FOREACH has well-defined customization
points. To keep the customization points consistent across typeof and
non-typeof compilers, you would first need to implement Boost.Range with
typeof, and then build BOOST_FOREACH on top of that.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting