From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 14:48:39

On 03/10/2005 06:58 AM, Larry Evans wrote:
> On 03/10/2005 01:31 AM, Erik Wien wrote:
[snip]
> Anyway, why not a template:
>
> template < typename T, typename Shape >
> class array
> {
> };
>
> where Shape is a vector_c<unsigned, S1,S2,...,Sn>

I should have mentioned that vector_c<...> is an mpl template
and I probably should have appended a ::type.

> to create a rank n array with S1 is length (or dimension)
> of 1st axis, S2 the length of 2nd axis, ... ? The strides
> of such a "compile-time specified shape" array could also
> be calculated at compile time as shown in the test_partial_product
> function of fold_seq_test.cpp in fold_seq_test.zip in
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/.

I just uploaded another version which calculates the offset
for a given fixed vector of indices and fixed shape for a
hypothetical array. The test is in function
test_array_index_offset in the aforementioned .zip file.