From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 15:52:23

Hi,

I wanted to share my thoughts on the logos currently submitted. But first I
want to state couple things that IMO worth considering (this is driven my
experience, for last release I was tried for month to invent some kind of
logo for Boost.Test and obviously failed):

1. IMO logo should be transparent - essentially it should work with most
pastel and white colors
2. The shouldn't be border - logo should be natural part of the page
3. No funny fonts - in long run it doesn't work
4. No funny/complex objects - it maybe fun to draw. fun to look first N
times, but then it became annoying. This criteria would eliminate a lot of
current submissions
6. Logo should be scalable - in a sense that it should work ok in different
resolutions
7. There preferable should be something beyond the text - plain text with
minimal variations doesn't initiate any recognizability

Here couple logos I believe worth considering (This is not an order of my
preference):

1. #99 - very solid submission. Look professional, simple. ++ could be used
for icon. IMO It bring slogan: boost - blur(beyond,extend, e.t.c) the
bounds of C++. May be some extra graphic symbol could be added
2. #10 - simple recognizable, easily scalable (including icon), brings a
connotation of ++. Though I would definitely change a colors. May be some
extra text are in order
3. #67 Even we kinda agreed that it bring unwanted associations the
connotation of building blocks seems good. May be we could reorder'em
differently:
o o
o o o o o
ooo or o