From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-10 18:16:28

Hi Peter,

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Jueves, Marzo 10, 2005 11:51 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: Re: Re: [review] hash functions

> JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z wrote:
> >
> > The idea is that you can alter only some part of the
> > hashing scheme and benefit of the preexisting definitions: [...]
>
> I think I see your point. You want something like this:
[...]

> will automatically propagate it downwards if one invokes
> hash_value on
> vector<vector<vector<int> > >.

Sort of, I think. Your formulation is somewhat more generic
in that you pass combiners around where I rely on tag
dispatching (the *_impl markers.)

> Interesting, but overkill, IMO. ;-)

Can't say the contrary :) I see it as I way to get everybody
happy: regular users don't notice the difference and
playful ones can easily plug in their superhashing schemes.
Anyway.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo