From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 04:02:02

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Vladimir Prus writes:
>> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

>>> Exactly. Is BoostBuild v2. going to give us that?
>>
>> Depends what you mean by "going". It's not a planned feature
>> yet. And I think it's better to try to make V2 the official build
>> system before adding any more features to it. After that, something
>> should be possible.
>
> It can hardly become "the official build system" until we can use it
> to run regression tests.

I'm verifying V2 operation on regression tests *now* and I think it's pretty
close. But you're asking about a new feature which is not present in V1,
either. I would say it's more reasonable to switch to V2 first -- from the
point of regression testing, that would mean adding --v2 to bjam
invocation, and nothing else. One that's done, we can think about further
enhancements. Doing the switch together with some enhancements will only
create problems, IMO.

- Volodya