From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 05:31:47

Pavel Chikulaev wrote:
> The first thing I want to tell you about "Function Types" library is that
> I like it a lot.
>
> But I have small feature request:
>
> I would to like to be able to create signalN and functionN using your
> library.
> For Example:
>
> is_same<
> function_type_parameters< void(int,float) >::signal_type,
> signal2<void, int, float>

It is possible already:

Do you know mpl::unpack_args [ http://tinyurl.com/6a64h ] ??

The Function Types library is a rather low-level facility and it may be
used to implement libraries such as Boost.Signal in the future. This is
why I avoid any direct coupling to higher-level facilities.

> AFAIK, Creation of signal and function in preffered form
> is already possible.
> E.g. signal<function_type_signature<my_function> >.

IIRC there is no version of signal taking an MPL-Sequence.
'signal<my_function>' should work, though.

> P.S.
> There is small typo in Classification section: there is no comma
> between typename Tag and typename T of template is_function_type.

Right, thanks!

Regards,

Tobias