From: Pavel Chikulaev (pavel.chikulaev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 08:00:01

"Tobias Schwinger" wrote :
> Honest answer: I belive this idea is no good.

If I need numbers It's doesn't mean that user will see
them. I'm just going to put unique number to each tree
shape. And use with maximum value to remove
disambiguos situations.

> Is it necessary to specify such rules ?

I don't know. Do you know any languages where n-arity
operators are built-in?

Actually C++ was going to have them, but it wasn't accepted.
Gotta look at that paper.

> Isn't it enough to tell your lib operator + and operator * are "expression
> object factories" rather than imperative routines ?
    Bad English. Please try again with simplier words :)

> It might be possible to partially allow stuff like this using overloading [
> ref. 14.5.5.2 ], but the possibility of creating ambigous situations can't be
> fully eliminated.

I'm already using this. But aforementioned examples were
exclusions where that rule doesn't work.

--
Pavel Chikulaev