From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 09:56:13

"Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> 2. #10 - simple recognizable, easily scalable (including icon),
>> brings a connotation of ++. Though I would definitely change a
>> colors. May be some extra text are in order
>
> I think I rejected that one without looking very closely. I think black is a bad
> choice; it looks better with a deep blue (see attached)

The symbol looks like it's trying to be two plus signs with pointy
ends, mapped onto a sphere. But the sphere mapping isn't quite done
right. If we could fix that, I think this could be a real candidate.

There are all kinds of obvious experiments to do after that, like
perhaps adding a little shading to enhance the 3D effect, or going the
other direction, and make it more linear and drawing-like.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting