From: »Ô Àî (huilee946_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-13 02:17:32

Hi all,
   I'm a new guy in boost list.
--- Alexander Nasonov <alnsn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Because classical approach to implement POAManager
> and the like
> is not overly complex and because no special skills
> are needed,
> new library should have several advantages (to give
> answers to problems
> 1-3, at least) and it should have very clear and
> easily understandable
> model.
> Tutorial of this library should describe how to
> solve typical problems
> of classical approach.

Support Alexander's opinion.,
I have seen the tutorial of FSM library, I think the
tutorial is too UML-style. As I know FSM has been used
widely before UML become popular. Some classical usage
of FSM have simple state transfer and action style,
but has many states. The tutorial should give some
examples in the classical style, or we should call
this library boost::FSM::UML-style.

The performance of FSM is very important for some
application with simple usage of FSM. When using a FSM
lib, the user of this kind of FSM should not pay the
loss in performance for the functions they don't need.

If the trade between performance and functionality can
not satisfy some FSM users in this design, maybe the
boost can accept this library but should provide an
opportunity for accept other design of FSM with high
performance but some simple functionality.

regards

William Lee