From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-13 22:46:55

All -

I've instituted a new content filter on the Wiki to try and cut off the
spamming without going to a login or other user intrusive mechanism. The
timing of this feature turned out to be important as a sophisticated spambot
that evades the ip banning strategy by using many different ip addresses
(presumably using zombie machines) has been attempting to SPAM the wiki all
day today. The new content filter has sucessfully stopped this bot. Note
that if a spammer is successful I am now reverting all spam content from the
Wiki history so that there is no change of googlebot finding it.

For the moment, I'm not going to publish the regular expressions I'm using to
filter, but suffice to say, normal boost content should be unaffected. If you
get an error indicating content has been blocked due to spam, send me and email.

Thanks,

Jeff