From: Bronek Kozicki (brok_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-15 07:58:45

Peter Dimov <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> We don't seem to be running any tests on Comeau C++, why? Not using
> the "reference compiler" for our testing doesn't make much sense.

I can run, and in fact I was running regression tests on como 4.3.3 some
time before release 1.32 . There are however some issues with it:
1 como in "strict" mode does not support platform specific headers (at
least on Windows, and this is my testing environment)
2 como does not support dynamic libraries at all; this is going to be
improved with next version (hopefully to be released soon)
3 libcomo (Comeau implementation of the C++ standard library) is far
from perfect, but is improving
4 como, at least with my backend (MSVC) has worst compilation times ever
seen; in fact, running regression tests with como was real PITA
5 there does not seem to be big interest on developers side to take como
results into account (but that's my totaly subjective feeling - I know
that there are developers who care about como results, and Greg Comeau
seemed to be also interested in good compatiblity with boost)

I can run como again (as soon as I have my test machine running - it's
still not setup), but I do not want to waste great amount of CPU cycles
and disk space if its not used, and there seems to be open question
about C++ conformance mode (strict vs. released) that should be used in
tests.

B.