From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-18 08:00:25

Arkadiy Vertleyb writes:
> I got the impression that the ETI bug has made its way into VC71 (I
> just got my entire encoded type full of integers, and worked it
> around in the usual way -- by providing meaningless specialization
> for it).
>
> Is this true?

Not to my best knowledge. There is always a chance that you've came
across some corner case that nobody hit before, though.

> Are the conditions under which it shows up somehow formalized?

Only to the extent that is documented here --
http://www.boost.org/libs/mpl/doc/tutorial/eti.html

I'd suggest you to post a query to MSVC-specific newsgroup, as
Microsoft compiler engineers are obviously in a better position to
answer your question.

HTH,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy