From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 13:12:00

On 03/22/2005 11:49 AM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> Sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not talking about the knowledge required
> to compile wave, but the knowledge required to use wave-the-tool
> on non-trivial C/C++ input. Whenever wave parses something as simple
> as "#include <string>" it needs to have a *lot* of knowledge about
> system-dependent details, as system headers usually contain a lot of

Ah yes, I remember having that problem during my attempt at testing
wave for the review. Now that I understand, I think the tool you
mentioned earlier would be very useful. The quick-and-dirty method
I used first compiled the file with -E and then I manually picked out
the system include files from the compiler's -E output and used that to
create a Makefile macro. Not the best way ;)