From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-22 13:31:10

"Daniel James" <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
| Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
|
| > if equality isn't defined, then it makes little sense to use them as index
in
| > a hash-based
| > container. In fact, it won't compile.
|
| But equality isn't prohibited. So an implementation could supply it.

with what purpose? Even so, it must be far easier to write an
empty function with a static assert for those cases that should not use the
default than to do the opposite.

| Or
| a non-standard hash container could.

Does anyone supply it? If so, with what semantics?

Even so, does the extreamely rare situation, that a hash-container is used as
index in a hash-container,
justify that we should not use a generic default ?

-Thorsten