From: Ion Gaztañaga (ion_g_m_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-24 04:02:10

Hi to all,

 Shmem library makes use of pointer typedef to use a smart relative pointer
as allocator::pointer to be able to put containers in shared memory.
Standard allows considering pointer as T* and that allocators of equal type
are equals, but using typedefs and comparing allocators at run-time opens a
new way to use containers. In my case in shared memory.

 boost::unordered_* family uses does not suppose allocator typedefs and uses
(for example, uses construct instead of placement new) and because of that
we will be able to place it in shared memory to create in memory data-bases.
In my opinion, since it does not hurt, if you respect allocator typedefs and
functions, you can get some advantages. Regards,

Ion