From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-25 21:34:31

"Rene Rivera" <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Apparently Linux is the only weak spot in the POSIX world.
>
> Hmm.. How is Linux the weak spot? It does provide lseek64 and fseeko under
> certain conditions, and ftell64 is implementable as
> lseek64(fd,0,SEEK_CUR).

That's good to hear. I was quoting the Bebee survey - perhaps it was made
some time ago.

I just checked Apple, and they also supply the functionality.

Anyhow, it is hard to see how there could be much opposition to
standardizing something where there is so much existing practice.

That leaves <iostreams>. There are a few functions specified in terms of
fseek. It should be trivial to change those descriptions to specify in terms
of fseeko, and adjust argument types accordingly. But there are some other
cases I'm foggy about.

--Beman