From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-28 14:39:50

From: David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]>
> Tushar <tushar_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >> You should probably start by explaining what Classpath and GCJ are. I
> >> happen to know the answer for GCJ, but not Classpath. Others may not
> >> know either one.
> >
> > ClassPath is gnu implementation of JAVA API. They use same API as java
> > but use different implementaion. GCJ classes and classpath will be
> > merged into one.My idea is to use code from Classpath(or GCJ. but GNU
> > thing ) to write C++ lib.

Do I understand this to mean that "ClassPath" is the entire Java
API? If not, you've failed to answer Dave's query on what
"Classpath" actually is. I have no idea what it is, so I
cannot discuss the merits of the idea for Boost.

> You didn't explain what GCJ is, and given that you used the term "GCJ
> classes" I'm beginning to think I don't really know what you mean by
> GCJ.

I also don't know what "GCJ" is. IOW, I have no idea what this
proposal is for and can't comment on whether it is useful.