From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-28 16:26:45

On Mar 25, 2005, at 10:52 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:

>> There are several critical bugs in the BGL in Boost 1.32.0 that have
>> been fixed since the release, but 1.33.0 is too far off for users to
>> wait. We should create a patch of some sort that allows users to get
>> at these bug fixes, without introducing any big changes into the
>> library.
>
> Boost.Filesystem often has a similar problem - small fixes that could
> be
> made available sooner than waiting for the next release. Maybe some
> kind of
> public patch file or files for those who would like to apply them?

Or a 1.32.1... we haven't really done patch-level releases much, but
with so many months in between full Boost releases it might be a good
idea. I know that the libraries I work on go through a lot of changes
from release to release, but some users would benefit from getting the
bug fixes and nothing else.

If we could make releases less painful, we'd have a shot at making this
work. For now, I think I'll be providing some patches to the 1.32.0
BGL.

        Doug