From: Igor Smirnov (vonrog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-28 10:51:06

Jonathan Turkanis wrote:

> You might want to look at http://www.eddeye.net/src/secalloc/.

Thank you, Jonathan. This is related to my proposal, but it is different
approach. I meant replacing global new and delete operators. In the
document you referred it is assumed that one must change initializations
of all sensitive strings in the source text, if I understand this
correctly. The substitution of new/delete operators might be simplier
for large and complicated programs. In addition such opertors are much
simplier themselves, than the arrangement from the referred paper. It
seems that both approaches may be useful. But the avoidance of swapping
is an issue which I have not solved so far.
There is an interesting statement about problems with std::strings.

Igor