From: Jason Earl (Jason_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 05:46:13

I think I got the problem sorted in the end. I dunno how. I was up at
4am the other night, in a mood (coz I work 9-5 anyway) cursing the
computer (as you do). Anyway, I got so cheesed off I just hit Ctrl Z,
and held it down for about 30 seconds, and then faffed about cut an
pasting code round and tweaking bits for 5 mins and everything seemed
to to compile without issues, and it seems to serialize my stuff to
disk now. I dunno what fixed it which *REALLY ANNOYS* me, so it will
happen again knowing my luck :-(

  I'd like to get to the bottom of it, I'm sure it has to do with VC.NET
being fussy with something as things seem hit and miss. When I get some
time, I'll play about in Linux and see if I get the same problem. I'm
sure it will work without a hitch, once I figure out how to make
makefiles in linux and get to know my way round GCC.

It certainly seems like VC.NET is what's causing the trouble. I found
someone else having problems with STL containers at

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg75271.php

It has the exact same errors round line 54ish of the split free include.

Anyway, I'd like to get to the bottom of what causes this, even though
it seems fixed (I use the word "seems" as I still have some mem leaks
when I unserialize, which I'm sure is down to my failure to delete
pointers somewhere).

Jason