From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-31 10:35:03

On Mar 30, 2005, at 9:28 PM, Robert Zeh wrote:

> After consulting with Doug Gregor I've done some more work on signals
> performance. The patch I've attached removes the pImpl idiom in
> named_slot_map and iterator_facade.
>
> The signals regression tests still past.

Excellent, thanks!

Did you happen to note the size of the test executables before and
after, e.g. signal_test and/or signal_n_test? The original tradeoff in
Signals was trying to favor smaller over faster, so I'm wondering if it
was truly or a tradeoff or just bad design :)

I'll take an in-depth look at the patch as soon as I find some time.

        Doug