From: Maxim Yegorushkin (e-maxim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-01 15:37:03

Iain Hanson wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 19:57 +0400, Maxim Yegorushkin wrote:
>
>> By the way, we use libevent and are happy with it. It's portable
>> (Linux/Windows) and has very simple interface. I just don't see a need
>> for
>> the stuff you guys are discussing here.
>>
> Because we like our libraries spelt in C++ :-).

So do I.

Nevertheless, I like to keep simple things simple. I don't feel like I
need a glue layer over simple socket and epoll api's.

What I might need is an event demultiplexor. Heavy loaded servers I'm
working on are event driven. Each event which is not naturally a file
descriptor readiness change is transformed in a socket(pair) write, so
that it can be demultiplexed by epoll_wait(). Thus, an application just
handles events in a loop around epoll_wait(). So, I might need a little
syntactic sugar around this stuff, but I have not elaborated my generic
implementation yet.

--
Maxim Yegorushkin