From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-01 17:17:25

Here's my suggestion for a release schedule. We allow two weeks to get
all of the new features and bug-fixes we want into CVS, but still try
to keep things sane. Then we fix bugs on the CVS trunk for a week,
branch and fix bugs for another week, and then release on May 1. So,
the important dates are:

April 15 (two weeks from today): feature-freeze on CVS trunk.
April 22 (three weeks from today): branch for 1.33.0
May 1 (just over four weeks from today): release 1.33.0

It's aggressive, but we should get this out the door well before summer
(when, traditionally, Boost development slows a bit), and we can do it
if we focus. If we do well keeping to a tight schedule, perhaps we'll
get better about releasing more often and the whole process will become
less painful.

        Doug