From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-04 08:47:17

"Edward Diener" <eddielee_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

>... If you decide to take a Boost library and create a .NET
> implementation for it for your own use or that of others, no one will
> object. But I think it is wrong to ask Boost implementors to work with an
> implementation that is not standard C++. After all Boost is about the C++
> standard and creating advanced implementations which follow that standard
> as
> much as possible.

Agreed.

I have three priorities for Boost.Filesystem. To refine the i18n interface
and associated Windows and POSIX implementations to the point they can be
released, to propose the library to the C++ committee for standardization,
and to react to bug reports, patches, and other user needs. That is all I
can handle for the forseeable future.

If someone else wants to contribute another implementation, that would be
fine. But it might be best to wait until the i18n work is complete, and the
LWG has had a chance to react to a standardization proposal. Otherwise an
implementation would be trying to hit a moving target. While the overall
design of the library has been stable for a long time now, i18n and
standardization will cause lots of minor changes.

--Beman