From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 11:33:11

Don G wrote:
[...]
> in this space. I think most folks using boost would agree: GPL evil,

GPL is a joke, "evil" is this:

http://web.novalis.org/talks/compliance-for-developers/slide-49.html

[begin textual copying]

July 27, 2004 GPL Compliance for Software Developers Legal notes

Legal notes

Static linking creates a derivative work through textual copying

Most dynamic linking cases involve distributing the library

Still a derivative work:

Dynamic linking

Distributing only the executable (testtriangle)

Still a derivative work:

Distributing the source code of software which links to a library

when that library is the only software to provide that interface

Copyright © 2004, Free Software Foundation. Verbatim copying
permitted provided this notice is preserved.

[end textual copying]

Tough law they have over there in the GNU Republic, so to speak.

regards,
alexander.

P.S. I suppose that "through textual copying", this message *and
all archives (boost's, google's, etc.) that contain it, constitute
***unauthorized*** (note that only verbatim copying was permitted)
"derivative work" (under GNU copyright law) of FSF's "legal notes".
I've thoroughly contaminated the Internet. Oh my bad.