From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 12:04:30

On Apr 5, 2005 7:55 AM, Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The recently discussed MSVC-specific trick, by Igor Chesnokov, has been
> added to the BOOST_TYPEOF submission. As a reminder, this implementation
> compiles much faster, and doesn't require type/template registration.
>
> This implementation covers VC6.5/7.0/7.1, but not VC8.0 (where the loophole
> seems to have been fixed).
>
> Please take it in the Boost sandbox file vault,
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/, typeof.zip.

I have added a version of the remove_xxx metafunctions that works with
MSVC6.5 and VC7.0 for all types without any sort of registration
(using the new typeof functionality mentioned above)

http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/vault/, remove_xxx.zip.

The relevant tests under lib/type_traits/test/ compile succesfully.
(remove_xxx_test.cpp)

Since the implementation of typeof for VC relies on compile time
constants in order to work , there is a limitation of how many
different types the typeof operation can be used to infer in a single
cpp-file. Typically around 2500. Hopefully, this is not a major
problem.

Regards,
Peder