From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-05 16:31:10

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
>
>> Testing, mostly... and fixing any obvious errors. It's hard to write
>> code without a compiler. :-)
>
> Definitely :-) ... Is there any particular test I should run? Or is it
> basically all the smart_ptr test?

All smart_ptr tests, yes. There are some that aren't run by default,
shared_ptr_timing_test, shared_ptr_mt_test and weak_ptr_mt_test. It would be
interesting to compare the performance of _timing_test with or without -D
BOOST_SP_DISABLE_THREADS.

>> sp_counted_base_gcc_ppc.hpp and sp_counted_base_cw_ppc.hpp are now in
>> CVS. Uncomment the appropriate lines in sp_counted_base.hpp to enable
>> them (is __powerpc__ the proper target macro for g++?)
>
> Good question.. I'll find out when I try it :-)

g++land is so exciting ;-) It seems that the Apple variant defines __ppc__,
whereas the Linux/PPC version defines __powerpc__.