From: Don G (dongryphon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-06 02:18:07

Hi Maxim,

--- Maxim Yegorushkin <e-maxim_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> libevent is GPL
>
> My current understaning that it is not. Am I wrong?

I tried to verify my statement and couldn't find it either. It looks
like I am mistaken, and I do apologize. The code contains this, but I
couldn't find a LICENSE file or explicit statement on their web page:

 * are met:
 * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
 * 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above
copyright
 * notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in
the
 * documentation and/or other materials provided with the
distribution.
* 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote
products
* derived from this software without specific prior written
permission.

Not quite as free a license as Boost, but I don't know where I got
"GPL". Oops.

Best,
Don

Yahoo! Messenger