From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-07 07:07:47

Peter Dimov wrote:

> In your (Boost developers) opinion,
>
> 1. Do we need a platform-specific version for 68020+ at all? (It is my
> understanding that threads aren't very popular there ;-) but I may be
> wrong)

Are we able to maintain (esp. to test) an 68K version? Given the
resource requirements for testing, I suspect we'd need a
crosscompilation setup or an emulator (or even both) for this.

As much as I'd like to see an 68K version I also have to admit there
isn't much demand for it.

> 2. Should we try to get an IA64 version in 1.33 or should this be
> postponed for 1.34? #ifndef
> BOOST_DETAIL_SP_COUNTED_BASE_GCC_IA64_HPP_INCLUDED
> #define BOOST_DETAIL_SP_COUNTED_BASE_GCC_IA64_HPP_INCLUDED

This should probably get decided by the release manager and you.
If you add it then please do it soon since the change will likely
trigger another recompilation of everything.

Regards,