From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-04-09 11:01:29

Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
> [...]
>> I don't know, but all of Apple's code specifically clears the
>> reservation. ;-)
>
> http://www.google.de/groups?selm=rang-2010981430230001%40margaret.trillium.adaptec.com
>
> I gather that they started doing that silly "cleanup" long before
> PPC970 was put on paper, not even first silicon. Ok, keep the "fix"
> in, but #ifdef it on Philip_Koch or something and don't penalize all
> Power clients, please.

Macro names should be all uppercase and start with BOOST... How about
BOOST_MIRO_JURISIC_AND_PHILIP_KOCH?

Jokes aside, I think that we should postpone this decision until after 1.33
is released. Maybe even #ifdef on __APPLE__, if you insist.

Are you sure that keeping a reservation alive for extended periods of time
does not incur a performance penalty, BTW? Could this be the reason for the
preliminary technical note?